Connor King, MD
Appointments Available September 2021
“I enjoy working with patients to find non-operative and operative solutions for their pain, and getting them back to the activities that they love.”
Fellowship: University of Utah Department of Orthopaedics, Salt Lake City
Residency: University of Chicago Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation Medicine, Chicago
Medical School: Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
Undergraduate Education: University of Southern California, Los Angeles
Professional Memberships: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty
As a fellowship trained joint replacement surgeon, Dr. King specializes in treating patients with hip and knee arthritis, beginning with non-operative approaches. His goal is always to treat patients conservatively with therapies or medication before considering surgery. When total joint replacement surgery is necessary, he uses advanced technology and minimally invasive approaches, including direct anterior hip replacement, to help deliver the best possible patient outcomes. He also has a special interest in outpatient joint replacement and is excited to be joining the team at Cascade Surgicenter.
Dr. King first became interested in medicine in high school when he volunteered as a firefighter and EMT. In medical school, he quickly gravitated to orthopaedic surgery and found it extremely rewarding to help patients get back to doing what they love. During his residency at the University of Chicago, the busiest level 1 trauma center in the city, he also gained an interest in caring for orthopaedic trauma patients. He completed his fellowship training under Dr. Christopher Peters at the University of Utah, one of the top joint replacement programs in the country.
The most gratifying part of being a total joint surgeon is hearing from his patients after recovery, excited to share what they are able to do following hip or knee surgery. He enjoys working with a team, and looks forward to delivering the highest quality joint replacement care to Central Oregon. He enjoys hiking, skiing, woodworking, traveling, cooking, and exploring the outdoors with his wife and dog.
- King C, Strelzow, J. Total Hip Arthroplasty Following Acetabular Fractures, In: Total Hip Arthroplasty: Potential Complications and Rehabilitation. Amir Sandiford MD ed. 1st Edition. Nova Science Publishers, New York. 2020. In Press.
- Eum D, Emmerich K, King C. Auscultation of Pulmonic Regurgitation. In: Learning Cardiac Auscultation: From Essentials to Expert Clinical Interpretation. A. J. Taylor MD ed. (pp. 173-180), 1st Edition. Springer Publishing, New York. 2015. American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Bradley A, King C, Sculco P, Cohen-Rosenblum A, Landy D. (2021) Gout in Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty: Prevalent but Not Independently Associated with Complications. The Knee. 28(2021)45-50
- Bradley A, King C, Lee Y, Balach T, Sculco P, Landy D. (2020) Distinguishing Periprosthetic Crystalline Arthropathy from Infection in Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. The Journal of Knee Surgery. (Online ahead of print – September 17, 2020)
- Scott B, King C, Lee C, Lee M, Su E, Landy D. (2020) Periprosthetic Hip Fractures Outside the Initial Post-Operative Period: Does Time from Diagnosis to Surgery Matter? Arthroplasty Today. 6(2020)628-632
- King C, Jordan M, Bradley A, Wlodarski C, Tauchen A, Puri L. (2020) Transitioning a Practice to Robotic Total Knee Arthroplasty is Correlated with Favorable Short-Term Clinical Outcomes – A Single Surgeon Experience. The Journal of Knee Surgery. 2020, June (Online ahead of print – June 16, 2020)
- King C, Landy D, Curan J, Conti Mica M. (2020) The Association of Opioid Utilization and Patient Satisfaction Following Outpatient Orthopaedic Surgery: More May Not Be Better. Journal of Surgical Orthopaedic Advances. Summer 2020;29(2), 88-93
- King C, Landy D, Bradley A, Scott B, Curran J, Devanagondi S, Balach T, Conti Mica M. (2020) Opioid Naive Surgeons and Opioid Tolerant Patients: Can Education Alter Prescribing Patterns? The Journal of Knee Surgery. (Online ahead of print – March 4, 2020)
- Landy D, Bradley A, King C, Puri L. (2020) Stratifying Venous Thromboembolism Risk in Arthroplasty: Do High Risk Patients Exist? The Journal of Arthroplasty. 35(5), 1390-1396
- Avino B, King, C, Landy, D, Martell, J. (2020) Condylar Constraint in Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Short-Term Solution but Will It Last? The Journal of Arthroplasty. 35(3), 741-746
- King, C, Curran, J, Balach T, Conti Mica M. (2020) Targeted Intervention to Increase Awareness of Opioid Overprescribing Significantly Reduces Narcotic Prescribing Within an Academic Orthopaedic Practice. Journal of Surgical Education. 77(2), 413-421
- King C, Landy D, Luu H, Martell J, Shi L, Lee M. (2018) Time to Dislocation Analysis of Lumbar Spine Fusion following Total Hip Arthroplasty: Breaking Up a Happy Home. Journal of Arthroplasty. 33(12), 3768-3772.
- Barese C, Krouse A, Metzger M, King C, Traversari C, Marini F, Donahue R, Dunbar C. (2012). Thymidine Kinase Suicide Gene-mediated Ganciclovir Ablation of Autologous Gene- modified Rhesus Hematopoiesis. Molecular Therapy: The Journal of the American Society of Gene Therapy, 20(10), 1932-1943.
- King, C. (2020, October) Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty. Grand Rounds at the University of Utah Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. Salt Lake City, UT.
- King C, Chakour K, Kim Y, Luu H, Martell J. (2019, October) Robotic Assisted Total Hip Arthroplasty Reduces Symptomatic Post-Operative Trochanteric Bursitis. Podium Presentation at 32nd Annual Congress of The International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty, Toronto, CA.
- King C, Landy D, Bradley A, Scott B, Curran J, Devanagondi S, Balach T, Conti Mica M. (2019, October) Opioid Naive Surgeons and Opioid Tolerant Patients: Can Education Alter Prescribing Patterns? Podium Presentation at 32nd Annual Congress of The International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty, Toronto, CA.
- King C, Landy D, Curran J, Conti Mica, M. (2019, April) The Association of Opioid Utilization and Patient Satisfaction Following Outpatient Orthopaedic Surgery: More is Not Better. Podium Presentation at American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV.
- Kingston K, Bradley A, Roth C, King C, Ek E, Edwards T, Shi L. (2019, March) Management of Glenoid Deficiency in Shoulder Arthroplasty. Scientific Exhibit Presentation at American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV.
- King C, Landy D, Luu H, Martell J, Shi L, Lee M. (2018, November) Time to Dislocation Analysis of Lumbar Spine Fusion Following Total Hip Arthroplasty: Breaking Up a Happy Home. Podium Presentation at American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons Annual Meeting, Dallas, TX.
- King C, Conti Mica M. (2017, February) Opioid Use, Misuse, & Abuse in Orthopaedics. Grand Rounds at University of Chicago Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation Medicine. Chicago, IL.
- Kindermann D, Hansen J, Maloy K, Milzman D, King C, Sudekem V, Weiss B, Jesse M, Pines J. (2011, April) Provider and Emergency Department Variation in Diagnostic Yield of Advanced Radiography in Diagnosis of Pulmonary Embolus. Podium Presentation at Fourteenth Annual Mid-Atlantic Regional Society for Academic Emergency Medicine Meeting, Washington, D.C..
- University of Chicago Orthopaedic Chief Resident Leadership Award, Awarded 2020
- Representative from the University of Chicago to attend the American Orthopaedic Association 2019 C. McCollister Evarts Resident Leadership Forum, Awarded 2019
- Graduate Magna Cum Laude University of Southern California, Awarded 2010
- University of Southern California Deans List 2007-2010