Priscilla S. Pang, MD, MS
Starting September 10, 2018
Undergraduate Education: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
Medical School: Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
Residency: Oregon Health and Science University – Neurological Surgery
Fellowship: Doernbecher Children’s Hospital, Oregon Health and Science University – Pediatric Neurological Surgery
Professional Affiliations: American Board of Neurological Surgery
About Dr. Pang
Fellowship trained in pediatric neurosurgery, Dr. Pang also has a strong interest in spine and functional neurosurgery. She enjoys working with a diverse patient base from infants to older adults with a thoughtful, comprehensive, and multidisciplinary approach. With her training in pediatrics, she is able to crossover minimally invasive techniques for a general population. She is experienced in providing care for all aspects of pediatric and general adult neurosurgery, including brain and spine trauma, spina bifida, brain and spine tumors, degenerative spine, tethered cord, Chiari malformations, and other congenital disorders. In her free time, Dr. Pang enjoys yoga, surfing, climbing, running, gardening, and exploring the Pacific Northwest with her dog, Taggart.
Publications and Awards
- Western Neurosurgical Society, Resident Clinical Science Award (2016), Carlsbad, California. External retrospective validation of Brain Injury Guidelines (BIG) criteria as a component of Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycle for improved care value in low-risk neurotrauma patients.
- Crile Research Fellowship (2007), Determining the expression of activin A in psoriatic skin.
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship (2002),Determining the mechanisms of estrogen neuroprotection in rat models of Alzheimer’s disease and stroke.
- Raskin JS, Liu JJ, Holste K, Brown S, Hardaway FA, Pang P, Raslan A. Use of risk model for assessment of residents’ perception of complexity of surgical steps: example of modular component steps of lumbar spinal fusion surgery. Neurosurgery. Accepted.
- Claridge JA, Pang P, Leukhardt WH, Golob JF, Carter JW, Fadlalla AM. Critical analysis of empiric antibiotic utilization: establishing benchmarks. Surg Infect (Larchmt) 2010;11(2):125-31.
- Yi KD, Chung J, Pang P, Simpkins JW. Role of protein phosphatases in estrogen-mediated neuroprotection. J Neurosci 2005;25(31):7191-8.
- Pang P, Raslan AM, Selden NR. Improving performance by improving education. In: Quality and Safety in Neurosurgery. Eds: Hunt M, Guillaume D. San Diego: Elsevier/Academic Press. 2018
- Pang P, Chang JJ, Than KD. Cervical osteomyelitis and kyphosis complication. In: Spinal Deformity: A Case-Based Approach to Managing and Avoiding Complications. Eds: Mummaneni PV, Park P, Kanter AS, Crawford III CH, Glassman SD. Springer Press. 2018