Telemedicine Using facetime from Apple
Follow these steps for a successful telemedicine appointment if you are using FaceTime on your Apple device (iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer):
- You will provide your mobile number when you set your appointment so your provider can contact you.
- Find a quiet, private place to talk, away from distractions like pets and children.
- Make sure your device is charged and you are connected to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- If you have not used the FaceTime app on your device, familiarize yourself in advance and do a test call with a friend or family member. Click here for Apple’s guide to using FaceTime.
- A medical assistant will call you at your appointment time and ask for government issued ID, such as a driver’s license. He or she will also ask routine questions about your health.
- Your provider will evaluate your injury or pain the same way as a traditional in-person appointment. Be prepared by writing down any of your questions in advance.