These instructions are not meant to replace any information given to you by your physician. If you have questions, please contact the clinic at 541-382-3344.
A nurse from the hospital or Cascade Surgicenter will call you the day before your surgery to confirm the time of your surgery. They will also ask you questions regarding current or past medical conditions, allergies, and medications you are taking. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have and be sure to let the staff know of any special needs.
If you will be away from your phone the day before surgery please contact St. Charles Medical Center 541-708-7728 or Cascade Surgicenter 541-322-2395 and give them an alternate number to contact you.
Food & Drink
Please do not consume food or drink after midnight the night before your surgery, unless specified by your anesthesiologist. Further instructions will be given to you from the pre-op nurse.
If you take medication for any condition, ask your doctor and/or the facility’s nurse whether or not to take it the day of your procedure.
Day of Surgery
- Regardless of what type of procedure you are having, please arrange to have someone drive you home from surgery.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing.
- Do not wear nail polish, makeup, lotions, or perfume.
- Wear your glasses (please bring a case); leave your contacts at home.
- Wear your dentures, partials, and hearing aids.
Your surgeon will provide specific instructions for care while recovering at home. In the event of any difficulty, please call your surgeon at 541-382-3344.
Call your surgeon immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms after your surgery:
- Temperature over 101 degrees Fahrenheit
- Chills and/or night sweats
- Increased swelling not relieved with elevation
- Increased redness or streaks from incision
- Increased pain not responding to pain medication
- Drainage from incision site
- Cast or dressing problems
- Tenderness, swelling, or pain in your calf
After hours and weekend calls will be directed to the on-call physician, who will get back to you to address your concerns.