- Pre-surgery nurse will call you back to the pre-surgery area
- You will change into a gown
- You will have an IV started
- Your surgical site will be prepped, which means your hair will be clipped and side marked
- Meet your anesthesiologist
- Take your pre-surgery medications
- You will be asked to wipe down your body with Chlorohexidine wipes. This decreases the overall bacteria on your body and can decrease risk of infection.
The surgery will generally take 1 ½ – 2 hours. Your coach can wait in the waiting area. Ask your coach to check in with the receptionist so the surgeon can locate him or her after surgery.