Top Ten Tips for a Successful and Stress-Free Doctor Visit at The Center
Just as Central Oregon has become a destination for outdoor recreation and craft beer, The Center is the place to go if you have pain or injury that involves muscles, bones, and joints. Our highly skilled orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, and physiatrists are in high demand, so read on to learn the top ten patient tips to making your doctor’s visit as easy as possible – in the shortest amount of time possible.
- Sign up for a patient portal account. Any time you can avoid making a phone call, you will save yourself valuable time. You can make and cancel appointments online, message your doctor, and ask for prescription refills, among other things, from your own computer 24/7. Click here to learn more or request a connection.
- Keeping your medical records and PHI (Protected Health Information) safe is a top priority at The Center. Every time you check in for a visit, we will ask for your insurance card and photo ID. To keep the line moving as quickly as possible, remember to have these items ready when you check in.
- If you are a new patient, welcome to The Center! To save time, complete intake forms prior to your first visit by calling 541-322-2353 or print them from our website and bring them with you for your appointment.
- If you don’t complete your intake forms in advance, remember to bring a list of medication and dosages, or simply bring your pill bottles or take a picture on your smart phone! You can manage this list from your patient portal account as well.
- If you need to call our clinic, try to avoid the busiest times between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. or during the lunch hour. We get hundreds of calls each day and have a team of people ready to schedule appointments, answer questions, or direct you to the right person.
- Use the website instead of making a phone call whenever possible. You can get a map and directions to our clinics, view and print forms online, pay your bill, request appointments, learn about conditions and treatments, and much more.
- If you are a current patient, you can also use your doctor’s designated scheduler to make or change appointments. Ask for his or her direct dial number at your next appointment.
- The Center’s offsite clinics at the Old Mill and in Redmond have less providers, which means shorter wait times. If it is convenient for you, ask for an appointment at one of these locations. We also see patients in Sisters, Prineville, Madras, La Pine, Burns, and John Day. If you live or work in one of these towns, be sure to request an appointment there.
- After you have checked in, use your time in the lobby to relax, catch up on phone calls or emails, make a list of questions to ask your doctor, watch television, or look up pictures of cats online – whatever helps you pass the time.
- Leave a review. Your feedback is important to us. It helps us to maintain the highest quality of care and continue to meet the needs of each patient individually. Reviews can be left on Facebook, Google+, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to leave a testimonial on your doctor’s webpage.