The Center Foundation received the non-profit of the year award from the Bend Chamber of Commerce during the annual SAGE awards dinner Friday night. The event, now in its 26th year, celebrates citizens and local businesses. The Bend Chamber received more than 50 nominees for 10 awards.
The Center Foundation is passionate about keeping Central Oregon youth safe and provides the following essential services through community funding and generous donations from The Center physicians:
- Certified athletic trainer at every Bend-La Pine and Sisters high school
- Brain and spinal cord injury prevention education
- Free bike helmet program
- Concussion education, identification, and management
- Annual free pre-participation sports physicals
- Professional education seminars and conferences
- Outstanding student awards and scholarships
To make a donation or find out more, visit their website here.