David C. Holt, MD
Surgical Info/Postoperative Instructions
“I enjoy developing relationships with patients and working together to develop treatment plans tailored to their needs so they can get back to what they love.”
Board Certifications: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship: University of Florida, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Gainesville, Florida
Residency: University of Utah, Department of Orthopaedics, Salt Lake City
Medical School: University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis
Undergraduate Education: Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, Cum Laude
Professional Memberships: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
Dr. Holt specializes in treatment of hand and upper extremity pathology including pediatrics, adolescents, and adults of all ages. Treating a wide range of upper extremity conditions such as sports injuries, acute trauma, arthritis, and nerve compression, he aims to provide the most up to date, evidence-based treatment for each individual patient.
As a physician, Dr. Holt strives to provide care that is tailored to each patient’s goals and believes in shared decision making with patients. He will discuss your specific condition and potential treatment options in order to help you make the best decision possible. Dr. Holt also aims to provide care in a cost-conscious approach, including performing some surgical procedures under local anesthesia in an office-based setting.
Dr. Holt completed a subspecialty fellowship in hand and upper extremity with Dr. Paul Dell at University of Florida in Gainesville, providing diverse training and experience including congenital pediatric hand deformities, upper extremity trauma, nerve injuries, and degenerative arthritis of the hand, wrist, and elbow. He earned his medical degree at University of Tennessee Health Science Center and completed an orthopedic surgery residency at University of Utah in Salt Lake City. After completing his medical education, he started a hand surgery practice at an orthopedic clinic in Knoxville, Tennessee. After several years in practice, he decided to join the multidisciplinary team of physicians at The Center. He enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, camping, and biking and is excited to call Central Oregon his home.
Dr. Holt is welcoming new patients and looks forward to developing a treatment plan that is appropriate for you.
“After a horse riding accident, I went to the hospital and straight to surgery where Dr. Holt repaired my injured hand, relocated my shoulder, cleaned the arm wound and stitched it up. I was in the hospital for three nights. I discovered I also had a concussion, so the recovery was tough. The following week, I went to Cascade Surgicenter where Dr. Holt repaired my shoulder. My physical therapist didn’t have a lot of hope for my arm and hand, which should have been elevated to heal, but couldn’t because of my shoulder injury. I’m 100% pleased with the outcome though, my doctor and therapist were the “dream team”. Because of their expertise, I am still doing two things that are very important to me — playing the piano and riding my horse..” – Rena Keffer
“I have been very happy with the care by Dr. Holt and your staff. I cannot think of single negative whatsoever in my care, and there were many positives. I’d like to thank everyone for excellent care.”
- Student Affairs Service Award, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, University of Tennessee College of Medicine
- Imhotep Leadership Society, University of Tennessee College of Medicine
- Arthur R. Porter Memorial Scholarship, University of Tennessee College of Medicine
- Holt DC, Fedinec AL, Vaughn AN, Leffler CW. Age and species dependence of pial arteriolar responses to topical carbon monoxide in vivo. Exptl. Biol. Med. 232:1465-1469, 2007.
- Rothberg DL; Holt, DC; Horwitz, DS; Kubiak EN. Semi-extended tibial nailing: review of techniques and indications: AAOS Exhibit Selection. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013 Aug 21;95(16):e1161-8.
- Haller JM, Holt DC, McFadden ML, Higgins TF, Kubiak EN. Arthrofibrosis of the knee following a fracture of the tibial plateau. Bone Joint J. 2015 Jan; 97-B(1): 109-14.
- Haller JM, Holt DC, Rothberg DL, Higgins TF, Kubiak EN. Does early versus delayed spanning external fixation impact complication rates for high-energy tibial plateau and plafond fractures? 2015 Oct 19 [Epub ahead of print].
- Cho H, Holt DC III, Smith R, Kim SJ, Gardocki RJ, Hasty KA. The effects of Platelet-Rich Plasma on Halting the Progression in Porcine Intervertebral Disc Degeneration. Artif Organs. 2016 Feb; 40(2):190-5.
- Holt DC, Struk AM, King JJ, Matthias RM, Wright TW. Clinical outcome for failed arthroplasty treated with explantation. 2017 July; 7(8): 199-210.