David C. Holt, MD
Starting September 5, 2018
Hand and Wrist Conditions
Board Certifications: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship: University of Florida, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Gainesville, Florida
Residency: University of Utah, Department of Orthopaedics, Salt Lake City
Medical School: University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis
Undergraduate Education: Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, Cum Laude
Professional Memberships: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
About Dr. Holt
Dr. Holt specializes in the study, evaluation, and treatment of the hand and upper extremity for patients of all ages. He takes the time to discuss goals and expectations with his patients so they can get back to work, life, or hobbies as quickly as possible. Dr. Holt completed his hand and upper extremity fellowship with Dr. Paul Dell at University of Florida in Gainesville. He earned his medical degree at University of Tennessee Health Science Center and did his residency at University of Utah in Salt Lake City. After completing his medical education, he started his medical practice at an orthopedic clinic in Knoxville, Tennessee. After several years in practice, he decided to move with his family to Central Oregon to join the multidisciplinary team of physicians at The Center. He enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, camping, and biking.
Publications and Awards
- Holt DC, Fedinec AL, Vaughn AN, Leffler CW. Age and species dependence of pial arteriolar responses to topical carbon monoxide in vivo. Exptl. Biol. Med. 232:1465-1469, 2007.
- Rothberg DL; Holt, DC; Horwitz, DS; Kubiak EN. Semi-extended tibial nailing: review of techniques and indications: AAOS Exhibit Selection. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013 Aug 21;95(16):e1161-8.
- Haller JM, Holt DC, McFadden ML, Higgins TF, Kubiak EN. Arthrofibrosis of the knee following a fracture of the tibial plateau. Bone Joint J. 2015 Jan; 97-B(1): 109-14.
- Haller JM, Holt DC, Rothberg DL, Higgins TF, Kubiak EN. Does early versus delayed spanning external fixation impact complication rates for high-energy tibial plateau and plafond fractures? 2015 Oct 19 [Epub ahead of print].
- Cho H, Holt DC III, Smith R, Kim SJ, Gardocki RJ, Hasty KA. The effects of Platelet-Rich Plasma on Halting the Progression in Porcine Intervertebral Disc Degeneration. Artif Organs. 2016 Feb; 40(2):190-5.
- Holt DC, Struk AM, King JJ, Matthias RM, Wright TW. Clinical outcome for failed arthroplasty treated with explantation. 2017 July; 7(8): 199-210.
- Student Affairs Service Award, University of Tennessee Health Science Center
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, University of Tennessee College of Medicine
- Imhotep Leadership Society, University of Tennessee College of Medicine
- Arthur R. Porter Memorial Scholarship, University of Tennessee College of Medicine