Christopher Healy, DO
“Seeing patients through injuries and putting them back on the pathway to full, pain-free function is incredibly fulfilling work.”
Board Certification: American Osteopathic Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Fellowship: Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York
Residency: Hofstra Northwell Health School of Medicine, Plainview, New York
Medical School: Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Parker, Colorado
Undergraduate Education: The University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont
Professional Memberships: American Society for Surgery of the Hand; ER Hand Committee and Ethics and Professionalism Committee, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
Dr. Healy is a fellowship trained orthopedic surgeon, specializing in shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, and trauma and fracture care. He enjoys the new and interesting challenges each day presents, whether he is piecing together a fractured arm after an accident, seeing patients in clinic, or performing routine hand surgeries, every day is dynamic and immensely satisfying. What drives Dr. Healy the most is helping people and getting them get back to what they love.
After completing his medical education, Dr. Healy completed an orthopedic surgery residency where he received extensive training for a wide variety of orthopedic conditions, including traumatic injuries of the upper and lower extremities. He then completed fellowship training in hand and upper extremity surgery at Stony Brook University in New York. He looks forward to joining the multidisciplinary team of experts at The Center and providing top-level orthopedic care while living in idyllic Central Oregon. He enjoys alpine and backcountry skiing, mountain biking, competitive running, and spending time with his wife, Annie.
“Dr. Healy has a great demeanor and made me feel comfortable about both of my carpal tunnel surgeries. I was blown away by the fact that he called me after both surgeries to see how I was doing. I have had other surgeries and I don’t recall that ever happening before. Five stars!”
“Dr. Healy is very understanding and eager to help his patients. I would recommend him to any of my friends.”
- Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine Plainview Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Senior Resident of the Year, Awarded 2018
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand/American Foundation for Surgery of the Hand Annual Meeting Scholarship, Awarded 2016
- Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine Plainview Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Resident of the Year, Awarded 2015
- Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine Plainview Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Junior Resident of the Year, Awarded 2014
- Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine: Rural and Wilderness Medicine Honors Track, Awarded 2013
- Colorado Society of Osteopathic Medicine Scholarship Winner, Awarded 2011
- The University of Vermont Department of Athletics: Wasson Athletic Prize, Awarded 2008
- The University of Vermont Dean’s List: 2004 – 2008
- The University of Vermont Varsity Cross Country and Track & Field Team: 2004 – 2008, Captain 2007 – 2008
- Megas A, Healy C, Nellans K, Galos D. Management of Grade 1 Open Distal Radius Fractures: A Survery of Practicing Surgeons. Submitted to Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, May 2019.
- Stapleton E, Frane N, Lentz J, Yngstrom K, Healy C, Cohn R, Katsigiorgis, G. Impact of a Resident-Guided Rounding Initiative on the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems Survey Scores in Orthopaedic Surgery Inpatients. JAAOS Global Research & Reviews 2019; 3(4):e041.
- Healy C, Mirza J, Lee B, Mathew V, Mirza A. Radiographic and Clinical Assessment of Intramedullary Nail Fixation for the Treatment of Unstable Metacarpal Fractures. HAND 2017; 13(2): 184-189.
- Healy C, Kahn L, Kenan S. Subcutaneous Extraosseous Osteosarcoma of the Forearm: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. J Skeletal Radiology 2016; 45:1307 – 1311.
- Bitterman A, Healy C, Gurtowski J, Grosso M, Fakhoury J. Ethical Considerations Regarding Informed Consent Disclosure in a Resident Training Program. Ethics in Biology, Engineering and Medicine: An International Journal May 2016; 7(1):1-8.
- Fakhoury J, Healy C, Cuartas E. Osteoid Osteoma contiguous with the L5 Nerve Root: A Case Report. Submitted to Spine February 2016.
- Healy C, Brown B, Stockton R, Ackerman G. Radial Shaft Fracture with Associated Elbow Dislocation: A Case Report of an Unclassifiable Monteggia Variant. [Manuscript in Preparation]
- Healy C, Mirza J, Lee B, Mirza A. Pillar Pain Following Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release: A Quantitative Analysis. [Manuscript in Preparation]
- Healy C, Mirza J, Lee B, Mirza A. Retrospective Analysis of a Suture Suspension Arthroplasty for Basilar Joint Arthritis. [Manuscript in Preparation]
- Mulry T, Healy C, Ragusa P, Alpert S. Snapping Biceps Femoris Syndrome: A Review of the Literature and Novel Approach to Surgical Management. [Manuscript in Preparation]