The Center Foundation
Since 1988, The Center physicians have volunteered to provide on-site medical support for high school sporting events with a high risk of injury. They knew there was a need to support high school athletes at all levels of play and provide injury prevention training, so in 2001 The Center Foundation was established as a non-profit organization. Today, The Center Foundation ensures that Central Oregon youth stay strong and play smart. They provide the following services:
- Dedicated certified athletic trainer at every Bend-La Pine and Sisters high school
- Brain and spinal cord injury prevention education
- Free bike helmet program
- Concussion education, identification, and management
- Annual free pre-participation sports physicals (meets OSAA requirements)
- Professional education seminars and conferences
The Center is passionate about keeping our Central Oregon youth healthy, and gives generously to provide funding for these vital programs. In addition to financial support, a physician from The Center volunteers his or her time at every high school sporting event that has a high risk of injury. The Center Foundation could not exist without support from other business sponsors and community generosity. To make a donation or find out more, visit their site here.
Please join us for Ahead of the Game, a conference for physicians, neuropsychologists, school administrators, athletic directors, physical and occupational therapists, and other medical providers to discover the latest findings in concussion management. Highlights include:
- Learn from Seahawks and Timbers team doctors, as well as experts from OHSU and U.N.C.
- Network with your peers and leaders in concussion management
- Earn up to 12 CME/CEU education credits
- Enjoy the Tetherow Event Pavilion in beautiful Bend, OR